Do you want to ace your next interview?
This page has everything you need to get confident and give great answers to get more job offers. Scroll down for our best interview preparation strategies, questions and example answers, mistakes to avoid, and more.
Interview Questions & Answers
Practicing common questions and answers is one of the best ways to build confidence and avoid freezing up in your interview. Use the questions below to start preparing.
- Top 20 interview questions & example answers
- Tell me about yourself
- Walk me through your resume
- Why did you leave your last job?
- Why are you looking to leave your current job?
- Why are you applying for this position?
- Why are you looking for a new job?
- What is your desired salary?
- What is your greatest achievement?
- Tell me about a time when you failed
- What areas do you need to improve?
- How do you make important decisions?
- Tell me about a mistake you made at work
- Why do you want this job?
- What are your career goals?
- What is your dream job?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- What would you do if you couldn’t fail?
- What is your greatest weakness?
- What is your greatest strength?
- Why can you do well in this job?
- Why should we hire you?
- How would your coworkers describe you?
- Why are you the best candidate?
- Describe your work ethic
- What do you like least about your job?
- How do you handle stress?
- Tell me about a time you solved a problem at work
- How do you prioritize your work?
- Who inspires you?
- What can you bring to the company?
- What other companies are you interviewing with?
- What motivates you?
- How did you hear about this position?
- What do you know about our company?
- What type of work environment do you prefer?
- How would you describe yourself?
- Describe your work style
- How is your experience relevant to this role?
- Why did you choose this career?
- What are your leadership experiences?
- What is your leadership style?
- Why do you want to work from home?
- Describe your ideal manager
- What are you looking for in your next position?
- What sets you apart from other candidates?
- What do you do for fun?
- Tell me about a time you went above and beyond
- Are you willing to travel?
- What are you passionate about?
- How do you handle conflict?
- Do you want to tell us anything else about you?
- Are you a leader or follower?
- When can you start working?
- 8 tough brain-teaser questions & answers
- 9 tricky interview questions & answers
- Panel interview questions & answers
- Peer interview questions & answers
- 28 second round interview questions
- 11 final interview questions
With the right strategies and preparation, you can walk into your interview feeling confident and ready for their questions, and walk out with a job offer. Use the resources below to start preparing.
- How to pass an interview: Tips from a recruiter
- How to research the company before an interview
- Interview body language tips
- How to show confidence in an interview
- 20 interview do’s and don’ts
- What to wear to an interview
- Preparing for panel/group interviews
- Why people fail interviews: Top 13 mistakes
- Tips for interviewing when you have a job
- How to show enthusiasm in interviews
- 8 things to say in an interview to get the job
- 90-day plan template for job interviews
- How to sell yourself in an interview
- Interview closing statement examples
After Your Interview
Discover what to do after the interview to boost your chances of getting hired. Learn how to follow-up effectively with employers to find a job faster and more.
- Thank you emails/letters after an interview
- Follow up emails after an interview
- How to ask about next steps in the process
- Signs an interview went well
- Providing references for a job
- Who to use for professional references
- How to quit a job gracefully
- How to turn down a job offer
- Why it takes so long to hear interview feedback
- Calling the employer after an interview
- Asking for feedback after a job rejection
- Is a standard 2-week notice necessary?
- How to know you got the job
Questions To Ask
Asking questions isn’t just a minor detail in your interview; it’s one of the main factors employers consider and remember about you. Make yourself memorable by asking great questions that show interest in their job.
- 27 creative and unique questions to ask the employer
- Master list: 105 questions to ask the interviewer
Phone interviews are usually the first step in an interview process, but if you don’t get past this… you won’t be invited to the in-person interview. So never skip out on preparing for your phone interview!
Video interviewing is becoming more common. Whether it’s Skype, Zoom, Google Hangouts, or another platform, you need to be ready to impress via video chat if an employer requests this interview format.
Questions By Industry
Some interview questions are more common in certain industries or types of jobs. Use the resources below to get a head-start on preparing for questions for your specific industry or role.